Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sam & Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die

Warning: The following may seem like an advertisment. I assure you, it is only because of my fanatical love of this game.

Sam and Max Episode 4: Abe Lincon Must Die. If you don't want to download it just because of the title, you have no sense of humor. Episode 4 is part of a six episode series collectively named, Season One. Cool beans, no? You can get the entire Season One for just $30 or you can buy individual episodes for $9. Except for Episode 4, which they're giving away for free. Hooray!

Sam and Max is one of the most funny games I have played in a long, long time. From the caffeine addicted, teenage senator of West Dakota, "You control the bubbles! The bubbles don't control you!" to the hypnotized president creating pudding embargos to Max, the "hyperkinetic rabbity thing" and his constant lust for cartoony violence and destruction. Every item in the background is funny in some way, shape or form.

The gameplay is standard point and click adventure stuff. From what I've played so far, it doesn't seem too difficult, which is good because it doesn't mean you have to wade through frusteration to get to the next big laugh. The sound is awesome. Nice music and cartoony sound effects. Every line is voice acted and well, at that. The graphics are fitting. Cell shaded, cartoony goodness. My only problem with them is I don't like the way the president looks... but, I guess that just adds realism. =D

Kill Abe Lincoln! It's what heros do!

No comments: